tirsdag 12. november 2013

Hasting in Bridgetown



I have finally arrived to Hastings! Its 28 degrees and I made a smart choice shifting to my shorts and T-shirt. The airport here was so full of people even though it’s not even vacation! Well, at least not in Norway. But they all seemed very nice, and the employees were very helpful. I don’t understand how they didn’t even break a sweat! I got to my three stared Coconut Court Beach Hotel which lays close, close to the beach.


The reception and hotel room was really cozy, but very warm.


 Outside the reception they had raised their national flag. Under, it was written “Pride and Industry”, their national motto. I think the flag was pretty and the fork reminded me of the sea god Poseidon.



But the amazing thing I’ve wanted to tell is that I went to Surf in Barbados surf school right after I unpacked my things! I really sucked at surfing but I was fun! I would recommend it to anyone who travels to a country with a surf culture, which Barbados got a lot of I can tell. First we started safe in the sand with instructions on how we should “behave” on the surfing board and then we could try in the smallest waves.  

Instructor showing us how to do it.


After the exhausting but fun experience I decided to take the Barbados Boardwalk to Hasting Rocks. The Barbados Boardwalk was really beautiful! It is a build three routed path a little above the beaches. As I walked I talked to a inhabitant who wanted to borrow a pen and he told me that when they was building the boardwalk someone was afraid it would damage the environment, the beaches and the homeowners close by. But it did come out good; they changed the plans a little and made the walk a little shorter too. When I walked there it was good just to listen to the ocean under and to all the people who walked pass me. There was joggers, tourists, children, a man in a wheelchair and dogs on the same path. The sunset from there is maybe the most amazing I have ever seen! All the trees behind me lay in shadow and I could only feel half of my legs being warmed by the sun. The walk took me down to Hasting Rocks which is a gorgeous beach. The first thing I saw was a bandstand in white and blue decorations. Longer away I saw Blakey's Bar & Restaurant. They had great nightlife and a good meal I needed!

The Bandstand.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar