tirsdag 26. november 2013

Race and Music!

Never thought I was going to do that but today I attended my first horse race! Actually it was really funny. I was kind of surprised because I’ve never thought that these kinds of things would be exciting to watch. The place was called Barbados Turf Club and I saw that those who were members, trainers and such had a dress code with the clubs logo on. Tourists, like me, could only wear casual clothes. I liked to watch the race with the local people and they seemed to love their horse sports, which I think is fantastic! That is not the biggest thing in Norway. I could bet money on the winner but I did not that. Not much of a betting person. But the pair who sat next to I’m sure did that because they looked a little disappointed when their horse didn’t win.


Got a really good picture!

I was cheering for number 10 who got on fourth place. Good work!

Later that evening I went to Bridgetown’s more famous street; Baxters Road. First thing I sat down at a really cozy restaurant. I really wanted to taste one of Barbados’s traditional dinners so I ordered flying fish!
It tasted really good!

The restaurant had a surprise for their customers; so it meant meant me too! The Red Plastic Bag which is a popular singer in Barbados was going to sing for us! The traditional music in Barbados is a mostly folk music which I like so I was really excited.



His song was really catchy and people who knew the songs were singing with him. Im so happy I got to see him for free and I appreciated it so much! But at the restaurant I was talking to a girl there who taught me that also Rihanna is from Barbados!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar